In cooperation with experienced pathologists, molecular biologists, bioinformaticians, human geneticists and laboratory physicians, the current spectrum of molecular tumor diagnostics in solid tumors and neoplasias of the hematopoietic system is comprehensively illustrated.
In this constellation, it is always guaranteed to be able to directly pursue the suspicion of hereditary risks of a tumor disease and to offer those affected a human genetic counseling if necessary.
- Mutations in genes of tumor development (“tumor driver genes”)
- Interpretation of the biological significance of new mutations (Gain of Function (GOF), Genetic Variant, Loss of Function (LOF), Variant of Uncertain Significance (VUS))
- Mutations in therapy-relevant genes (“drug target mutations”), resistance mutations
- Accumulation of mutations in the tumor (“Mutational Burden”)
- Characterization of clonal diversity in tumors (subpopulations) by MPS
- Genetic instability (microsatellite instabilities)
- Detection and characterization of free tumor DNA in plasma (“Liquid Biopsy”)
- Gene expression tests (biomarker tests)
- Germline mutations as predictive factors of oncogenesis